I recently launched my own magazine called KAKKOII back in September 2015. KAKKOII is the Japanese word for COOL. I did 3 volumes on KAKKOII until me and Mrs. Mom thought that it was all too much for us because:
- It’s time consuming because I have to think of the theme, then make a cover page, typed all my writing, print it out, cut it, paste it onto paper to make the magazine, design it, colouring, etc.
- It took up most of my time because everything was handmade.
- I struggled to do it with Little Miss Diva around because she was jealous of me and wanted to make her own magazine too. Don’t even get me started on Baby ‘A’.
- People at school didn’t have time to read it.
- If people wanted to read it, I need to go to Miss Chesney and photocopy the latest issue then distribute it to every class in the whole school. (there goes my lunch break) 😦
Because the magazine was popular at school and everybody likes it and looked forward to it every week, I decided to find a replacement. FYI, I’ve been writing at a very young age. I have a lot of stuff which is writing related like poems, stories, comics, business plan for my dream T-shirt boutique etc. On top of that, I still have my paintings, drawings, art models, origami pieces, my traditional Malaysian “Batik” painting, and 1001 other stuff too! Mrs. Mom said “The Pawsome Lion, you are officially the first hoarder lion in the world!”
So, me and Mrs. Mom got to thinking and we thought that there was not a better solution to solve my hoarding problem then to start a blog. Plus the blog was open to everyone, not only those in my school but to the whole world. People could access it whenever they wanted and I don’t have to hand anything out to anyone. I just sit down with Mrs. Mom and get on with it. The best thing about my blog is that all my writing will be kept safe forever!
Since the magazine was already a hit (at least I think so) 😀 I’ve decided to keep most of the ideas in KAKKOII for my blog. In the near future, you’ll be seeing more stuff like:
- PAWSOME Jokes
- PAWSOME Facts
- PAWSOME Quotes
- Oh My Language
- Popcorn Time
- A Piece of Cake
- The Mini Critic
- An Apple A Day
And lots more PAWSOME topics! From time to time, I will also be sharing my previous work which I like the most. Don’t worry, I won’t end up posting all of them! I PROMISE 😉
It has been 5 days since I first started this PAWSOME blog. It’s proven that the decision to shift from KAKKOII to blog is all worth it! Even though many people was against the idea of burying KAKKOII in the first place, I can now assure that they will change their mind. Reading my blog has become a daily thing in Hazel class. How KAKKOII is it to have a ROARSOME friends like mine? 😀
(5 Dojo Points to Amaan for the word ROARSOME!) 😉
‘Till next time peeps! Have a PAWSOME weekend.
p/s: R.I.P KAKKOII 😦
KAKKOII VOL.1 PAGE 1
KAKKOII VOL.1 PAGE 2
KAKKOII VOL.1 PAGE 3
KAKKOII VOL. 1 PAGE 4
KAKKOII VOL.2 PAGE 1
KAKKOII VOL.2 PAGE 2
KAKKOII VOL.2 PAGE 3
KAKKOII VOL.2 PAGE 4
KAKKOII VOL.3 PAGE 1
KAKKOII VOL.3 PAGE 2
KAKKOII VOL.3 PAGE 3
KAKKOII VOL.3 PAGE 4