My parents always taught us that a kind act as little as buying food for the needy matters hugely! This is Fatimah on her 5th birthday last month. Instead of buying things for herself, she bought food to distribute to the needy. And we do this regularly, not just on special occasions. I myself believe that a kind touch, a kind smile, a kind word, or even the smallest act of kindness has the power to CHANGE THE WORLD! Here are 11 random acts of kindness that we all can do not just for #RandomActsOfKindnessDay but in our daily lives!
- When you go shopping, buy extra food to give to the needy or the food bank
- Volunteer at your local library to read to children
- Give up your seat on public transport for pregnant women, the elderly and the disabled
- Write kind words on rocks and leave them at the park
- Pick up litter on the street to help to clean your neighbourhood
- Smile at someone, just because
- Buy someone a cup of coffee on a cold day to keep them warm
- Send letters of encouragement to sick people in the hospital
- Take a day off from complaining, but give thanks instead
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Get others to continue being kind
Omar Mukhtar a.k.a. The Pawsome Lion
p/s: What else can you do to be kind? Extend the list!