So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye…
As most of you know, the school year is coming to end and the summer holidays are slowly approaching. Everyone’s waving goodbye to their teachers and classes and are anxiously waiting to meet their new class teachers when the three weeks of ‘transition’ come. Transition is a period of time when children can get to know their new teachers and classes.
It’s time to bid farewell to Hazel and greet my new Year 5 class which is Oak! My new teacher will be Miss Parker and the LSP (teaching assistant) is Mr Johnson. Miss Parker will be our teacher for the three weeks of transition only as a new teacher will be appointed in September. I can’t wait to meet her/him! Hopefully they’re just like Miss Javed!
Wednesday was Parent’s Day at SHP, the day everyone received their yearly reports. As usual, everyone was nervous about the grades that they would get-especially me! There was a tense atmosphere when my family and I entered the classroom. We were all waiting for the moment when Miss Javed handed over my report for the year…
Then, the results were revealed! My report was…OUTSTANDING!!!! WAHEY!! My grades in Literacy, Maths, Science, R.E (Religious Education), Learning Together and P.E were superlative! I really need to thank God that everything in my report was great! This achievement is not mine to claim! It belongs to everyone, my family, friends, teachers and all you PAWSOME peeps because everyone has been supporting me all along and helped me to gain this achievement!
Of course, my report wouldn’t have been outstanding without the hard work of all the PAWSOME people in my life! I would like to thank each and every one of them!
- Thank you God for making this possible!
- Thank you Mrs Mom and Mr Dad for supporting me throughout my journey from Moseley (old school) to SHP!
- Thank you Little Miss Diva and Baby A for being the cutest brother and sister in the whole wide world!
- Thank you Dr Auntie for motivating me to do my best!
- Thank you Mr OCD Uncle for being such an inspirational uncle to me!
- Thank you Dadajee and Khun Yai Thi Rak Khong Phom for always building up my ideas!
- Thank you Miss Javed and Miss Hussain for being the greatest teachers I have ever met!
- Thank you Hazel class for always standing by my side!
- Thank you SHP for building me up from who I was in Moseley to who I am today!
- Last but not least, I would like to thank all of my family and friends, my blog readers, all of my supporters on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for always supporting and encouraging me!
I am not sharing my results so I can brag about it or anything like that, I am sharing them because I am hoping that I can inspire more people and show them that hard work really does pay off and if we work as one, TOGETHER WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD! And don’t just do it for yourself:
- Do it for God, who gave you a life, because He wants you to make a good use out of this precious dowry.
- Do it for your mother, who carried you in her womb for nine months and brought you into this world, so you can make her proud.
- Do it for your father, who works hard every day to ensure that you live a good life, so you can return the favour.
- Do it for your teachers, who get through the headaches to make sure you have a high-level education, so you can thank them sincerely.
- Do it for your brothers and sisters, who look up to you all the time, so you can become a perfect role model.
- Do it for your friends, who stick with you in times of sorrow, so you can all succeed together.
- Do it for the unfortunate people in this world, who manage to live in hunger and pain, so they can have a brighter future.
- Do it for everyone, so TOGETHER WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!
To end this emotional (😪) post, I would like to write a goodbye poem dedicated to Miss Javed and Miss Hussain!
A Sad Adios…
By The Pawsome Lion
You guided us through right from the start,
You loved us all with all your heart
You told us not to work for naught,
You taught us things that meant a lot
You never left us all alone
You made sure we didn’t break our bones
And though we’ve had our smiles and frowns,
We’ve turned the frowns upside down
That’s why I’m saying a sad adios
To two of my favourite amigos!
p/s: Adios Miss Javed and Miss Hussain! I wish you all the best for next year!
*Media Source: The Pawsome Lion*